Thursday, September 22, 2011

073

**this makes me happy**

Tennessee Williams vs. Dan MacIvor 

WILLIAMS: I’ve always depended on the kindness of strangers
MACIVOR: I’ve always depended on all kinds of strangers. 

W: We have to distrust each other. It is our only defence against betrayal.
M: We have to distrust ourselves. It’s where betrayal truly begins. 

W: Sometimes there’s God so quickly.
M: It might take forever, but sometimes there’s Art. 

W: Blow out your candles, for today the world is lit by lightning.
M: Sometimes the daylight is unnecessary. 

W: All good art is an indiscretion.
M: All good art poses a question. 

W: Make voyages, attempt them. There’s nothing else.
M: Taxi!!

W: Mendacity is a system that we live in. Liquor is one way out an’ death’s the other.
M: There may be truth in wine, but there is reality in the hangover.  

W: Time, who could beat it, who could defeat it ever?
M: Imagination obliterates time.

W: Why did I write? Because I found life unsatisfactory.
M: Why do I write? Because I have to.

W: We’ve had this date with each other from the beginning!
M: Thanks for answering my ad, sorry it didn’t work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment